Sunday 6 April 2014

CHANGE NOW OR FOREVER WISH YOU HAD


It's nearly time to leave  Conwy behind.  I will be moving to Cornwall and am so looking forward to it. Being near to my daughter, son in law and granddaughters. My little family.
 They say that selling a house,  separating from someone and losing someone you love, are at the top of the list of most stressful things we can do.
I think losing someone you love to death is the most horrendous of all,  one can grow to live with this loss over time but not so easy to recover from. However selling a house with all it involves, and the behaviour of some buyers leaves one disillusioned with human nature.
Splitting up with a husband or wife is  a loss, even if you are the one making the decision to leave. This choice is a difficult one because there is so much to lose. A home, possessions, even pets have to be in the mix. Having someone there and not being alone can keep us from going through with the it. When one first makes this life changing decision it is about personalities, disagreements and anger, but as time passes it is like ridding a roller coaster,  hanging upside down supported only by a 'strength of will' safety belt.
Looking beyond the emotional disruption and physical work involved in packing and clearing out makes the process therapeutic. Clearing, sorting and decision making about  what to keep or let go is cleansing. I have gone through the worst of it now just waiting for D day to complete the process.
When it started I thought I wouldn't make it, giving in and giving up to the way things were, but here I am almost at the end, gone through the ordeal of living in the same house and holding onto the future as I hope it will be.  It means starting again at 70 years old but I have started again so often and in so many ways I am offay with what needs to be done when I get to where I am going.
Karma and what my lesson in life is,  was why I began to write but I have strayed a little from that idea. I am  happy in  the knowledge that one can do anything, but not always easily. 
Change can be frightening but it is cleansing.  I know that if I don't do it now in six months time I will wish I had. Even though the future looks uncertain, and I feel somewhat insecure I know it will be OK.
What have I learned in all of this?
That I am still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment